Creamy Basil Zucchini Pasta Sauce
If you don’t like tomato sauce, then this bright and creamy green pasta sauce recipe is about to be your best friend.
- 10-12 oz. Short Cut Pasta
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 cups Chopped Zucchini, about 2 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. Shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. EACH: Salt + Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- ½ cup Grated or Shredded Parmesan, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to packaging. Before draining the water, remove ½ cup pasta water to be reserved.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Add the chopped shallots, garlic, and zucchini. Season with the salt and black pepper. Saute until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to a food processor. Add ¼ cup pasta water and basil leaves before blending until smooth.
- Pour the pasta sauce back into the skillet. Stir in the grated parmesan, heavy cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add the drained pasta and stir to coat in the sauce. Add more of the reserved pasta water to thin out the pasta sauce to taste.
- Garnish with more freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil to enjoy!