Chili Honey Tuna Melt (Without Mayo)
The BEST tuna melt you'll ever make! Not even kidding.
Servings: 2 Sandwiches
- 4 Slices of Sourdough Bread
- 2 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 10-12 oz. Canned Tuna
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Adobo Sauce, from the can
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4th Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the canned tuna, yogurt, adobo sauce, chopped dill, honey, tahini, lemon juice, chopped red onion, chopped celery, and chili powder. Mix well. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Layer your sandwiches with the sliced cheddar, slices tomatoes, and the tuna mix.
- On a heated griddle, add a little butter or olive oil. Add the sandwiches to cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy immediately!