Caramelized Onion, Bacon, & Gruyere Quiche Lorraine
POV: You found the best quiche recipe 🌿✨
For the Homemade Crust:
- BUBBL’R Blood Orange Mango, for serving
- 1 ¼ cup Flour
- ½ tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Cold Water
For the Filling:
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 sliced Bacon, chopped
- 6 large Eggs
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 4 oz Gruyere, finely shredded
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- To Make the Crust: Add the flour, sugar, and salt to a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the cubed cold butter and olive oil. Pulse 2-3 times to crumb-like texture. Add the water and pulse once more to combine.
- Shape the dough into a 1” disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then chill in the freezer for 30 minutes or fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Generously butter a pie plate to prevent sticking.
- When ready to bake, roll out the pie crust on a floured surface to ¼” thick. Place over the prepared pie plate. Add dry beans into the center or poke with a fork to prevent puffing up. Remove the beans when done baking.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until set in the center.
- To Make the Filling: Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions to sauté 5 minutes. Add the bacon and cook another 8-10 minutes, until the bacon is crispy, and the onions are tender and browned.
- Add the garlic to sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper until smooth.
- Stir in 3/4th of the shredded cheese and onion mixture. Pour into the prepared pie plate, then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until set in the center and lightly golden on top.
- Enjoy warm with BUBBL’R Blood Orange Mango Mingl’r for a complimentary refreshment!